Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Movie: Children of Men


I recently saw Children of Men, a very good movie. A movie that stays with you. In fact, the last activity of my day on Sunday was viewing the film. I got home and went to bed immediately, I barely slept because all I could think about was the movie. The film is based on a novel written by P. D James and takes place a little over 20 years into the future. The world is a very scary place. The premise is that all women are infertile and the youngest human on earth has died and obviously humanity is facing extinction. Depressing! Depressing! Depressing! Every scene in this movie is depressing. The story is so captivating and very realistic. This element is probably what haunted me the other night. Clive Owen is amazing is in this film. The writer and director Alfanso Cuaron does a really good job. I haven't seen any of his other films, but he has received lots of critical acclaim. The only element that I would have changed in the story would be that men are infertile, as if women need that kind of guilt.


Comments for Today

1. I love when my friends from Trent come and visit. Laughing about 'old times' is good for you.

2. My cat is doing well (for now).

3. I really, really want to visit Australia. I need to meet my family.

4. Do you catch Grey's last Thursday? I loved it and I love George.

5. A really good deal in town: two steak dinners and a bottle of fairly decent wine at Lieutenant's Pump for $35.

6. I love cake.

7. My work schedule is a bit wonky for the next little while, it takes time to get adjusted.

8. I slept for 10 hrs last night. How great is that?


Cooking Tip of the Day: Before beginning to cook from a recipe; review it thoroughly and make sure you understand the instructions. Then prepare all the food (chop, dice, sift etc) and then begin the recipe. You will find the process will go a lot smoother and the results will be amazing. You will be able to savour every step of the process this way.

4 comments:

Nirmala Basnayake said...

I, too, love George! I have only seen a couple of episodes of Grey's Anatomy (mainly because I wish the show would focus more on George instead of Meredith...maybe I'm just not an Ellen Pompeo fan? But anyway), I have a crush on George. (I want to support Sandra Oh because she's from Ottawa, but aside from being glad that her career is going well, it's all about T.R. Knight for me.) I possibly also have a crush on T.R. Knight, futile as that may be (even more futile than having a crush on a fictional TV character).

Isaiah Washington is a douche. (I take back all the nice things I said about his performance in Out of Sight!)

Nirmala Basnayake said...

Oh, yes, and I also love cake.

AGF said...

Team T.R.!

SBP said...

Go to Australia