Sunday, January 7, 2007

Cooking...

I started this blog to talk about cooking and I got a little distracted (this happens to me easily). So this entry is dedicated to the subject. Why do I love to cook? I find it extremely relaxing. And I love the taste of food. And it is something that I am good at (cooking that is...). Eating normally involves socializing, so I guess that's another link. I also enjoy cooking for others. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing others enjoy your creations. If I had more time, funds and my own personal sous-chef to prepare and clean up after me I think I would have dinner parties all the time. Now don't get me wrong, sometimes there is nothing like a box of Kraft dinner and an episode of Grey's.



I also enjoy reading cookbooks, looking for new recipes to try. I have listed a few links on my blog, that have really good recipes... you should check it out.



Things that have happened to me today:



1. My car got a flat today.. a nail embedded in my brand new tire!! UGGH!

2. My cat is still not feeling well and I had to clean up after her.

3. My mom made me spaghetti and it was delicious.

4. I enjoyed some Godiva chocolates and some Starbucks.... which almost makes up for #1 and #2.





Cooking Tip of the Day: If you are new to the culinary arts start off slow. Cook simple recipes that take shorter amounts of time to prepare and have a smaller list of ingredients. Gradually introduce more complicated recipes. This way you will avoid frustration. For example if you have never prepared a meal for friends do not start off with something like veal scalopini with a mushroom and red wine reduction. Try a roast. It's simple to do while very impressive.

No comments: