Monday, November 26, 2007

The Perfect Day


OH MY GOD. I had the perfect 'Kylie Day'. So good that I had to tell you all about it, NOW. I am in New Orleans for work. So here goes:


This morning I woke up at my leisure. I walked downtown to the French Quarter. Walked around for a few hours (nothing opens until 10 am) Had a cafe au lait with a croissant for Breakfast and headed to the shops. I went to Sak's fifth avenue were I was treated like I had a million dollars to spend. Oh the clothes! The makeup! The Christmas decor! Wonderful.


The afternoon was spent at the conference. THEN... it gets better.


A cocktail reception with a delicious gin and tonic and then it gets better. ....Dinner at Nola's (one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants). OH MY GOD. We were able to make reservations through the hotel's concierge. Usually there is a few months wait, but I guess they leave room for tourists. Here is what I ate; I had the daily specials paired with a wine with each course.


Seared Rare Yellowfin Tuna with Baby Spinach, Shaved Onion, Orange Supremes and Citrus Braised Fennel Vinaigrette with 2006 Chablis 'Champs Royaux', William Fevre (Burgundy France) *** This was my favorite course, believe it or not***


Braised Pork and Goat Cheese Ravioli with Kiln Dried Cherries, Sage Cream, Root Vegetable Crisps and Port Wine Reduction (2003 Pinot Noir, Alois Lageder (Alto Adige, Italy)


Buttermilk Fried Breast of Chicken with Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Smithfield Ham Cream Gravy and Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas. 2004 McCrea Counoise Ciel de Cheval Vineyard (Red Mountain, Washington)


Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pie

(2005 Muscat 'Casta Diva', Gutierrez de la Vega, Alicante, Spain)



I think the dreams of the Year of the Kylie have been fulfilled.



Cooking tip of the day: Spend the money at a gourmet restaurant. It is worth it.




No comments: