Sunday, February 18, 2007

Because I Said So



Last night I went to see Because I said So. Oh I know what some of you may be thinking... why Kylie why? I enjoy the frivolous, romantic comedy on occasion. I enjoy the clothes and watching people have perfect lives. This movie however annoyed me. The movie is about a turbulent mother daughter relationship. A mother who worries about her daughter because she can't keep a man!! Her mother doesn't seem satisfied that her daughter has a successful business, friends, great apartment and a loving family. The only way her daughter could be truly happy is to have a man. Disturbing. Maybe I am a little agitated because over the last week I must have been asked, 'Kylie do you have a man?' a billion times. When I answered no, most people presented me with a face full of pity. THAT PISSES ME OFF!!!! Why don't people ask how my career is going? What my plans are for the summer?, or even, what I am having for dinner? Please do not feel sorry for me... you crazy people. Feel sorry for people who don't have great friends, a good job, a great family or a kitchen -aid mixer.


Upcoming events in my life:

1. A 3 day course this week, on discovering the leader that I am.

2. Lost Party!

3. OC series finale party

4. Cooking a homemade lasagna (which I am very excited about - I have been researching the recipes for weeks)

5. A haircut

6. A birthday party

7. A birthday dinner

8. The Academy awards


Cooking tip of the day: When selecting ingredients for your recipes, always buy the best quality ingredients you can afford. It will make a real difference. And remember the best quality is not always the most expensive.

2 comments:

SBP said...

Like I said KKP, whenever you want to see a GOOD movie, let me know!

Nirmala Basnayake said...

Amen to your post!

Also, that bit about feeling sorry for people who don't have KitchenAid mixers is brilliant. You are clearly doing very well, thank you.