Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Youth Part 1 - New Kids on the Block


On Monday I attended my 2nd NKOTB concert in 7 months. Crazy! Right? I can't explain it. The music isn't that good, they can't really sing or dance. Despite these obvious truths, I had the best time in long time. Why? My youth. I remember when I attended my first NKOTB concert, I was 13 and wasn't really familar with them. A friend, invited me to go to the concert and her older sister agreed to accompany us. We stood in line for over 7 hours to buy our tickets (no internet then). At the time, I didn't undertsand what all the fuss was about, and then the day of the concert arrived. The lights went down and then they took the stage, one look at Jordan Knight and I was in love. I still don't know what came over me, but I was a fan immediately. Two years later I was over my love, replaced with Nirvana, U2, Sinead O'Connor or anything else that was playing on the radio, or so I thought. Last spring, Ingrid and I discovered that the Kids, at the ages of 36-40, would be going on tour again and the love returned. So I danced, screamed and jumped my way back to a teenager, and it was a wonderful time. And I still can't explain it.

My favourite teen crushes:

1. Ralph Macchio
2. Jordan Knight
3. Dana Ashbrook
4. Ethan Hawke
5. Robert Sean Leonard


Cooking Tip of the day: Pizza was delicious and a favorite when I was a teenager and still is, especially with bacon.

No comments: